Here’s a list of useful resources and links that should help you start the conversation with other parents, the school leadership, residents associations and elected representatives.
- Hackney School Streets Toolkit for professionals (May 2019) View
- Friends of the Earth’s briefing View
- Here’s why the UK should start closing school streets to traffic, CiyMetrics View
- Walking to School, Living Streets View
- Living Streets Campaign (2018) View
- Review of interventions to improve outdoor air quality and public health, Public Health England View
- Introduction to Healthy Streets View
- Benefits of Active Travel for Young People, Sustrans View
- Revealed: air pollution may be damaging every organ in the body, The Guardian (May 2019) View
- Every Breath A Threat – The impacts of NO₂ on human health | Greenpeace (2017) View
- Edinburgh Council School Streets Pilot Evaluation, View
- Camden Council’s School Streets Report View
Find your local elected representatives
Simply enter your postcode to find out who is representing you and start the conversation about School Streets.